BL Joshi was sworn-in as Governor of Uttar Pradesh for the second term by Allahabad Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud at Raj Bhawan Thursday in the presence of former President of India Pratibha Devi Singh Patil, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari and State Urban Development Minister Azam Khan among others.
The President’s order for his appointment was read by Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani.
This is the second term for the 78-year-old, who was first appointed as UP Governor on July 28, 2009. His first term ended in April, 2012.
A retired IPS officer from Rajasthan, Joshi has been Lt. Governor of Delhi from June, 2004 to April 2007.
In April 2007, he was appointed Governor of Meghalaya and within a few months, in October 2007, he was appointed Governor of Uttarakhand before being appointed as UP Governor in 2009.
Speaking to the mediapersons after the swearing-in ceremony, Joshi said: “I feel fortunate to be appointed as the Governor of the state for the second term. People of this state have given me affection and I have given them the affection in the similar manner… I wish that together with public and government, we take the state forward.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More