A jittery SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has cancelled his trip to Aligarh Muslim Univeristy (AMU), a day after university teachers and students announced they would boycott his visit.
Mulayam was invited to attend a seminar by Sir Syed Movement Forum of Aligarh to support their demand for a minority status.
SP leader Khalid Masood said the “boycott” threat made by the teachers and students was not the reason behind Mulayam cancelling his trip. “Mulayam Singh Yadav was the chief guest of the event, but had to cancel the visit because of the Model Code of Conduct for elections of Teachers and Graduates is in effect.”
The seminar will go ahead Monday as per schedule and vice-chancellor Lt Gen Zameeruddin Shah has been invited to the event.
AMU Teachers Association (AMUTA) in a meeting Saturday decided to boycott Mulayam’s visit to the campus. They are protesting the SP government’s failure in the Muzaffarnagar communal violence and are irked by the party’s opposition to the Communal Violence Bill in Parliament.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A group of students led by former AMU Students Union vice-president Syed Umar Ahmad Qadri had taken out a rally on the campus Saturday to protest Mulayam’s visit. They had announced they will forcibly close all the four main gates of the campus Monday and would throw shoes on Mulayam’s cavalcade.