“I was in Delhi where I was holding meetings. Soon, opposition parties (Janata Parivar) will unite. More talks will be held in coming days,” Mulayam said while addressing party workers at a meeting to commemorate the birth anniversary of former socialist leader Badri Vishal Pitti at party office.
- Mulayam Singh, Shivpal Yadav not in top Samajwadi Party panel
- Yogi Adityanath govt working on RSS agenda, Samajwadi Party alleges
- Seen in public with Akhilesh after a year, Mulayam Singh Yadav says his family united
- Mulayam Singh Yadav dismisses speculation about forming new party
- Mulayam Singh Yadav says not launching new party
- Mulayam replaces Ram Gopal with Shivpal as Lohia Trust secretary
“Remember, whenever Samajwadis have united, even PM lost the polls. We will present a formidable opposition to (Prime Minister Narendra) Modi. The process is on and soon a strong force will emerge,” he added.
Taking a dig at Modi’s clean Ganga campaign, Mulayam said Lohia had raised the issue in the past. “Ganga cannot be cleaned unless rivers falling into it are cleaned,” he added.
He also asked party workers to read socialist literature and said from now onwards “only those who read about socialism will get party tickets and party posts”.