Y S R Congress Party chief Jaganmohan Reddy Friday got UP CM Akhilesh Yadavs support in his fight against the creation of Telangana.
In a joint press conference after his meeting with Jagan,Akhilesh said: SP has always been against the creation of smaller states. Uttrakhand continues to suffer economically after its creation. SP has never supported the division of states. Akhilesh assured Jagan that SP will support him in Parliament during voting over the bill for the creation of Telangana and added that his relationship with Jagan will emerge stronger in the coming days.
On his meeting with Akhilesh,Jagan said: I have explained to him the need to amend Article 3 of the Constitution. The manner in which a state is created is not correct, Jagan said. Article 3 of the Constitution empowers the Centre to create new states. Jagan is seeking amendments in the Constitution to restrict the powers of the Centre under Article 3.
We are reaching out to all political parties. I am trying to convince the BJP to support us and not allow the Telangana Bill to pass through, he said.
How can you divide a state without the resolution of the state assembly. It goes against the federal structure of the Constitution? he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More