Renowned classical singer Pandit Chhannu Lal Mishra, Justice (retd) Giridhar Malviya with boatman Veer Bhadra Nishad and weaver Ashok, who were proposers for Narendra Modi in his nomination from Varanasi, will be guests at the swearing-in ceremony of the prime minister-designate. Nearly 125 guests, including BJP leaders, from Uttar Pradesh will attend the ceremony.
Besides Modi’s proposers, 21 others from Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency have been invited to the event. Party state president Laxmikant Bajpai already left for Delhi on Saturday night.
Sources said Modi has invited all of the party’s national leaders from UP, all 71 MPs of BJP, two MPs of Apna Dal and also the seven BJP candidates who lost the Lok Sabha elections. State organisation secretary Rakesh Jain and the national executive committee members from UP have also been invited.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Today I received a phone call from Delhi to attend the oath-taking ceremony on Monday. They informed me that my travel ticket along with entry pass for the venue will be made available to me on Sunday,” said Pandit Chhannu Lal Mishra. Lok Sabha election in-charge of Modi in Varanasi, Ashok Dhawan, said he received the invitate and has left for Delhi. Kashi region president Laxman Acharya, Varanasi district president Tulsi Subramaniyam Joshi, Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency Paalak Radha Mohan Tripathi, coordinator Bechan Jaiswal, Varanasi Mayor Ramgopal Mohle are among invitees.
Akhilesh to attend
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will be attending the swearing-in ceremony of PM-designate Narendra Modi. Sources in the CM’s secretariat confirmed that Akhilesh has accepted the invitation.