Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday claimed that INLD got two seats in the Lok Sabha elections because during its campaign, “it misled the people that it would support Narendra Modi”.
“Ironically, when Modi called on the President to submit his claim to form the government, his list of supporting parties did not have mention of the INLD,” he told mediapersons after the cabinet meeting.
Claiming that after the ensuing Assembly elections, INLD will be wiped out from the state, Hooda said Congress’ contest will be with the BJP. He added that Congress will form the government for the third consecutive term, as he being an experienced politician, could read the faces and moods of the voters and he had observed their
When his attention was drawn towards the new parties coming up, Hooda said: “In a democracy, anyone could form a political party as they have the right to do so.”
“The Congress will contest all the 90 seats,” he said while reiterating that as long as he has the blessings of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, support of the MLAs and voters, he will continue to serve the state and the elections will be contested under his leadership. He maintained that Congress will give tickets on the criteria of good reputation and winnability.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“If the Congress has lost nine seats in the Lok Sabha elections, there was a time when it had won an equal number of seats under my leadership. This elections, people had created a wave in favour of an individual, saying that he will bring a magic stick. But now workers as well as voters are feeling cheated…” said Hooda.
He added: “The price of diesel and sugar have been increased. Railway fares have been hiked to an extent that has never been witnessed after Independence. They had said that they would implement the Swaminathan Committee report, but did not…”
Asked about the demand for a separate SGPC for Haryana, Hooda said: “Whatever be the decision, will be in favour of the Sikhs of Haryana.” On the people of Haryana stranded in Iraq, he said that Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has assured him that efforts were being made for the safety of Indians stranded there.
In reply to a question concerning toll tax barriers in the state, Hooda said: “The matter has been communicated to the Centre and the government is awaiting its reply…”