In his 21-month rule so far, CM Akhilesh Yadav has changed 25 district unit presidents of the SP on charges of corruption, infighting, misbehavior and, at times, to even suit the caste equations.
In Sonbhadra, which has mining potential, Akhilesh changed the district president on three occasions. Ram Nihore Yadav, Shyam Bihari Yadav and Sanjay Yadav, in that order, became the district president.
When several complaints of extortion from mining business against Nihore reached Lucknow, CM removed him and gave charge to Bihari, only to be later replaced by Sanjay Yadav.
In Etawah, the native district of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, the post of district unit president remained unstable. Ashok Yadav, who held the post for seven years, had passed a resolution demanding transfer of the district magistrate and sp of Etawah soon after he became CM.
The officials were not removed, but Ashok lost his post to Rajeev Yadav, reportedly close to Ramgopal Yadav.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In Kannauj, which is under direct supervision of Akhilesh as his wife Dimple Yadav is a local MP, the post of district president is lying vacant for the past two months after removal of Kaleem Khan.
Several leaders are in the race as Kannauj is considered a VIP district.
In Ferozabad, where Akshay Yadav, son of Ramgopal Yadav, is contesting the Lok Sabha elections, Dileep Yadav lost his chair after his son thrashed a local doctor.
Former MLA Azeem Bhai was appointed as district unit president with an eye on Muslim voters, who had not voted for Dimple in the byelection, resulting in her defeat to Congress MP Raj Babbar.