In his 21-month rule so far, CM Akhilesh Yadav has changed 25 district unit presidents of the SP on charges of corruption, infighting, misbehavior and, at times, to even suit the caste equations.
In Sonbhadra, which has mining potential, Akhilesh changed the district president on three occasions. Ram Nihore Yadav, Shyam Bihari Yadav and Sanjay Yadav, in that order, became the district president.
When several complaints of extortion from mining business against Nihore reached Lucknow, CM removed him and gave charge to Bihari, only to be later replaced by Sanjay Yadav.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In Etawah, the native district of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, the post of district unit president remained unstable. Ashok Yadav, who held the post for seven years, had passed a resolution demanding transfer of the district magistrate and sp of Etawah soon after he became CM.
The officials were not removed, but Ashok lost his post to Rajeev Yadav, reportedly close to Ramgopal Yadav.
In Kannauj, which is under direct supervision of Akhilesh as his wife Dimple Yadav is a local MP, the post of district president is lying vacant for the past two months after removal of Kaleem Khan.
Several leaders are in the race as Kannauj is considered a VIP district.
In Ferozabad, where Akshay Yadav, son of Ramgopal Yadav, is contesting the Lok Sabha elections, Dileep Yadav lost his chair after his son thrashed a local doctor.
Former MLA Azeem Bhai was appointed as district unit president with an eye on Muslim voters, who had not voted for Dimple in the byelection, resulting in her defeat to Congress MP Raj Babbar.