Leaving no stone unturned to project BJP’s “secular identity”, party national president and candidate from Lucknow Rajnath Singh Sunday began his “Mahasampark Abhiyan” with a roadshow where apart from senior party leaders, two Muslim clerics accompanied him in an open vehicle modified as a chariot.
The clerics —- Maulana Mahmood of Saharanpur and Maulana Asad of Delhi —- remained present on the chariot during the eight-hour long road show and also sought votes for BJP. More skull cap-donning Muslim youths followed a little behind in three cars.
One of the youths, Shahnawaj, who had come from Moradabad, said, more than two dozen Muslims have come from Delhi to campaign for Rajnath. Shahnawaj has the responsibility of clicking the photographs of the clerics with Rajnath and sending them to the media and Muslim organisations.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
During the road show, which passed through some 50 areas in the city, Rajnath addressed public meetings at over half a dozen places and reiterated that BJP will win with support of all communities.
He said that while Narendra Modi would handle the responsibility of the development of the country, it would be his duty to change the face of Lucknow in next five years.
In all these meetings, the party ensured the presence of skull cap-wearing Muslims on the stage with Rajnath.
Earlier, as the the road show began Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar joined it from the party office to Bhoothnath market. From Faridi Nagar onwards, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh replaced Parrikar.
Former BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, Bhojpuri actor Manoj Tiwari, party’s national spokesperson Sudhashu Trivedi, and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpyee’s confidant Shiv Kumar also participated in the roadshow as did workers of Patanjali Yogapeeth and Swambiman Trust of Baba Ramdev.
As per the schedule, Rajnath would continue with his mass contact programme Monday when Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, senior party leader Shahnawaz Hussain and Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goyal will accompany him.