Minority welfare and urban development minister Azam Khan stayed away from the award ceremony function of Urdu Academy organised at Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s residence on Monday after state government accepted the demand of Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad and postponed the elections for Shia Central Board of Waqfs (SCBW).
Both Jawwad and Azam are at loggerheads over elections in SCBW, which was scheduled on August 12.
The decision came after Jawwad met Samajwadi party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday and lodged his strong protest against Azam Khan. Jawwad’s demand was accepted while Azam remained in Lucknow skipping the Urdu Academy function despite being the guest of honour. Akhilesh explained Azam’s absence stating that it was due to some “special circumstances”. Chairman Urdu Academy Nawaz
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Deobandi claimed that both trains (from Rampur to Lucknow) were running late and Azam’s vehicle had developed snag.
However, recently Azam, who is known for throwing tantrums, once again expressed his displeasure targeting Jawwad. In a press note issued Monday, Azam called Jawwad a blackmailer who is working for the Jews and the BJP lobby. Azam even claimed that after CBI probe, Jawwad and his family members will be exposed for misappropriation of waqf properties.
After the tussle over waqf board began, Jawwad led a protest march after Alvida prayers, which resulted in lathicharge and death of a person. Jawwad blamed Azam and since then war of words has been going on between the two with SCBW being the bone of contention.
To add to Azam’s woes, Mulayam not only accepted Hawwad’s demand, he also extended invitation to Azam’s bete noire Amar Singh for a state function.
This is not the first time that Azam has thrown tantrums in the party. Azam who rejoined the SP in 2010 after being expelled in 2009 had skipped the manifesto release function of SP in 2012. Later after becoming minister, he tendered his resignation after being was removed as incharge minister of Meerut. He again tendered his resignation from the chairmanship of state resource committee and Kumbh Management Committee. Azam again embarrassed SP leadership by skipping executive meeting at Agra soon after Muzaffarnagar riots.
For Azam, protocol was thrown away several times. Akhilesh walked personally to meet Azam at latter’s residences and even spoke before Azam during election meetings.