Minority welfare and urban development minister Azam Khan stayed away from the award ceremony function of Urdu Academy organised at Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s residence on Monday after state government accepted the demand of Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad and postponed the elections for Shia Central Board of Waqfs (SCBW).
Both Jawwad and Azam are at loggerheads over elections in SCBW, which was scheduled on August 12.
The decision came after Jawwad met Samajwadi party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday and lodged his strong protest against Azam Khan. Jawwad’s demand was accepted while Azam remained in Lucknow skipping the Urdu Academy function despite being the guest of honour. Akhilesh explained Azam’s absence stating that it was due to some “special circumstances”. Chairman Urdu Academy Nawaz
Deobandi claimed that both trains (from Rampur to Lucknow) were running late and Azam’s vehicle had developed snag.
However, recently Azam, who is known for throwing tantrums, once again expressed his displeasure targeting Jawwad. In a press note issued Monday, Azam called Jawwad a blackmailer who is working for the Jews and the BJP lobby. Azam even claimed that after CBI probe, Jawwad and his family members will be exposed for misappropriation of waqf properties.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
After the tussle over waqf board began, Jawwad led a protest march after Alvida prayers, which resulted in lathicharge and death of a person. Jawwad blamed Azam and since then war of words has been going on between the two with SCBW being the bone of contention.
To add to Azam’s woes, Mulayam not only accepted Hawwad’s demand, he also extended invitation to Azam’s bete noire Amar Singh for a state function.
This is not the first time that Azam has thrown tantrums in the party. Azam who rejoined the SP in 2010 after being expelled in 2009 had skipped the manifesto release function of SP in 2012. Later after becoming minister, he tendered his resignation after being was removed as incharge minister of Meerut. He again tendered his resignation from the chairmanship of state resource committee and Kumbh Management Committee. Azam again embarrassed SP leadership by skipping executive meeting at Agra soon after Muzaffarnagar riots.
For Azam, protocol was thrown away several times. Akhilesh walked personally to meet Azam at latter’s residences and even spoke before Azam during election meetings.