BJP Prime Minsiterial Narendra Modi’s close aide Amit Shah on Sunday called Azamgarh the “base of terrorists”. Addressing a public meeting in Sagri area of Azamgarh, Shah said, “Azamgarh is the base of terrorists as there is no fear of the government, which is advocating their release.”
“The accused in the Gujarat bomb blasts were from Azamgarh. Being the then home minister there (Gujarat), I got the accused arrested. Since then not a single terrorist act has taken place in Gujarat,” he said.
Blaming the Centre also, Shah said Pakistani intruders would retreat “30 kilometres” inside Pakistan when the Narendra Modi government comes to power.
The SP said Shah’s remarks were an expression of the BJP’s communal agenda and anti-Muslim politics. “Thousands of Muslims were killed in Gujarat and the Muslims of Gujarat are terrorised even now. They want to make Uttar Pradesh like Gujarat, that is why Shah is making such communal comments,” said SP’s Rajendra Chaudhary.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016