After facing countrywide criticism for allegedly failing to control riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining districts,the Samajwadi Party government is going to highlight the good work of individuals and families who,by going across communal lines,mediated to maintain peace and provide shelter to riot-affected people.
Saharanpur Divisional Commissioner Bhuvnesh Kumar has issued directives to administration of riot-hit Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts to make a list of such families and individuals as soon as possible.
The administration will popularise the work done by these people in maintaining communal harmony during the riots in which at least 39 persons were killed and around 50,000 displaced.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
There are several people in the riot-affected areas who gave shelter to others. Many tried to maintain peace in the area through dialogue between communities. The idea is to promote such people, Kumar said.
Kumar said Muzaffarnagar and Shamli district administrations have been issued to make a list of such people. He said the contributions of such people would be popularised to give a positive message.
Illegal acts of some bad people come to light during such incidents,however,contribution of such good persons remain neglected, he said.
The administration will identify such people through a survey and interactions with riot-affected people. People will themselves can give reports of their contributions,but the administration will verify every claim and survey reports before making it public.
A Muzaffarnagar district official said it has reports of over half-a-dozen people and families who helped affected people during the riots.
For example,a village pradhan in Lisahd area in Muzaffarnagar gave shelter to several Muslims in his home. Likewise,a Muslim family in Khatauli provided food to Hindus when they could not move out freely in the Muslim dominated village.
A Jat family reportedly took some Muslim families out of Jat dominated Dabal village in Khatauli area September 8. These Muslims families later took shelter in another Chandsina village.
But reports of these families would be verified both from the victims and locals, the official said. He said the administration may also felicitate such people.