After facing countrywide criticism for allegedly failing to control riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining districts,the Samajwadi Party government is going to highlight the good work of individuals and families who,by going across communal lines,mediated to maintain peace and provide shelter to riot-affected people.
Saharanpur Divisional Commissioner Bhuvnesh Kumar has issued directives to administration of riot-hit Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts to make a list of such families and individuals as soon as possible.
The administration will popularise the work done by these people in maintaining communal harmony during the riots in which at least 39 persons were killed and around 50,000 displaced.
There are several people in the riot-affected areas who gave shelter to others. Many tried to maintain peace in the area through dialogue between communities. The idea is to promote such people, Kumar said.
Kumar said Muzaffarnagar and Shamli district administrations have been issued to make a list of such people. He said the contributions of such people would be popularised to give a positive message.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Illegal acts of some bad people come to light during such incidents,however,contribution of such good persons remain neglected, he said.
The administration will identify such people through a survey and interactions with riot-affected people. People will themselves can give reports of their contributions,but the administration will verify every claim and survey reports before making it public.
A Muzaffarnagar district official said it has reports of over half-a-dozen people and families who helped affected people during the riots.
For example,a village pradhan in Lisahd area in Muzaffarnagar gave shelter to several Muslims in his home. Likewise,a Muslim family in Khatauli provided food to Hindus when they could not move out freely in the Muslim dominated village.
A Jat family reportedly took some Muslim families out of Jat dominated Dabal village in Khatauli area September 8. These Muslims families later took shelter in another Chandsina village.
But reports of these families would be verified both from the victims and locals, the official said. He said the administration may also felicitate such people.