Two persons, including a 20-year-old youth, from among a clutch of Hindu Yuva Vahini activists, tried to immolate themselves Saturday afternoon while holding a protest outside Chief Minister’s residence demanding the arrest of Samajwadi Party MLA in a case of murder in his constituency of Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district.
Police arrested three protesters, Mohit Mishra, Kamlesh Tiwari and Ganesh Singh, all residents of Naka area, for being part of unlawful assembly, deterring a public servant from performing his duty and unlawful restraint.
Gautampalli station officer Surendra Kumar said Mishra, 20, and Tiwari,38, poured petrol on themselves and were attempting to immolate themselves near the CM’s residence when they were stopped by the police.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The activists of Hindu Yuva Vahini, a right wing organisation of BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath, were demanding the arrest of SP’s Tanda MLA Azeemul Haq Pahalwan in connection with the murder of fellow activist Ram Babu Gupta’s nephew Ram Mohan.
Ram Mohan was shot last December, eight months after Ram Babu was killed at Tanda in March, 2013. Ram Mohan was also a witness in the murder. Their family had accused local MLA Pahalwan of getting the duo killed over Ram Babu’s rising political popularity.
Pahalwan was named in an FIR lodged for the murder of Ram Mohan.
However, the Ambedkar Nagar police have arrested three other persons who were named by the family members, claiming they had killed Ram Mohan.