Two persons, including a 20-year-old youth, from among a clutch of Hindu Yuva Vahini activists, tried to immolate themselves Saturday afternoon while holding a protest outside Chief Minister’s residence demanding the arrest of Samajwadi Party MLA in a case of murder in his constituency of Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district.
Police arrested three protesters, Mohit Mishra, Kamlesh Tiwari and Ganesh Singh, all residents of Naka area, for being part of unlawful assembly, deterring a public servant from performing his duty and unlawful restraint.
Gautampalli station officer Surendra Kumar said Mishra, 20, and Tiwari,38, poured petrol on themselves and were attempting to immolate themselves near the CM’s residence when they were stopped by the police.
The activists of Hindu Yuva Vahini, a right wing organisation of BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath, were demanding the arrest of SP’s Tanda MLA Azeemul Haq Pahalwan in connection with the murder of fellow activist Ram Babu Gupta’s nephew Ram Mohan.
Ram Mohan was shot last December, eight months after Ram Babu was killed at Tanda in March, 2013. Ram Mohan was also a witness in the murder. Their family had accused local MLA Pahalwan of getting the duo killed over Ram Babu’s rising political popularity.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Pahalwan was named in an FIR lodged for the murder of Ram Mohan.
However, the Ambedkar Nagar police have arrested three other persons who were named by the family members, claiming they had killed Ram Mohan.