A day after CM Akhilesh Yadav criticised IAS officers over taking bribes and hindering movement of files, the UP IAS Association has resolved to overhaul their image.
At its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held Saturday, association members said in the minds of common people and media, the word ‘bureaucrat’ symbolises “moral decay, red-tape, power-broking, corruption and malpractices”. They, however, added that it was unjust to put the blame on the administrative machinery for everything that goes wrong.
Sources said the officers also raised objection to the use of ‘babu’ and ‘babudom’ for them, as these words have negative connotation.
The association has now decided to highlight the good and innovative works being done by the officers in the service at any level, either in government or districts.
For the same, it has set up a nine-member ‘Best Practices and Innovations Committee’ to identify officers “who have created or developed capable institutions, organisations and IT innovations, which are better able to initiate, manage and extend transformative development process”.
The committee, headed by 1980-batch officer V N Garg, will document these innovative works and make a presentation before other members.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Senior IAS officers — Alok Kumar, SP Goyal, Amod Kumar, Kamini Chauhan Ratan, Mayur Maheswari, Ministhy S, Surendra Singh and Mala Srivastava — are other members of the committee.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, Chief MInister Akhilesh Yadav and minister Azam Khan have blamed IAS officers on different occasions for not executing their duties properly and denting the image of the government.