A history-sheeter was killed while a station officer and a constable suffered injuries in a police encounter Maigalganj police station area of Lakhimpur-Kheri district on Sunday afternoon.
The police said Padam Singh, 32 was shot at in retaliatory firing after being attacked upon reaching the Sripalpur village after the locals notified the police about the presence of some criminals.
Singh suffered gunshot wound and was taken to Kheri district hospital where he died during treatment from excessive bleeding, said the police who also informed that Maigalganj station officer Vishwanath Yadav and constable Sanjiv suffered gunshot wounds in the firing by Singh.
The police claimed to have recovered a country-made pistol, 12 live cartridges and two fired cartridges from the spot. Singh had 10 criminal cases, which included those of murder, attempt to murder and robbery, pending against him at various police stations.
Kheri SP Arvind Sen said a team had gone to Sripalpur village Sunday afternoon after the villagers notified them about the presence of some criminals there. He said the group of criminals started running upon seeing the police. While his associates managed to flee, Singh could not and opened fire on the officers, injuring the constable and the SO, the SP said. “He was hit while trying to flee. We carried him to the hospital but his condition deteriorated because of excessive bleeding, resulting in his death” Sen said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016