A history-sheeter was killed while a station officer and a constable suffered injuries in a police encounter Maigalganj police station area of Lakhimpur-Kheri district on Sunday afternoon.
The police said Padam Singh, 32 was shot at in retaliatory firing after being attacked upon reaching the Sripalpur village after the locals notified the police about the presence of some criminals.
Singh suffered gunshot wound and was taken to Kheri district hospital where he died during treatment from excessive bleeding, said the police who also informed that Maigalganj station officer Vishwanath Yadav and constable Sanjiv suffered gunshot wounds in the firing by Singh.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The police claimed to have recovered a country-made pistol, 12 live cartridges and two fired cartridges from the spot. Singh had 10 criminal cases, which included those of murder, attempt to murder and robbery, pending against him at various police stations.
Kheri SP Arvind Sen said a team had gone to Sripalpur village Sunday afternoon after the villagers notified them about the presence of some criminals there. He said the group of criminals started running upon seeing the police. While his associates managed to flee, Singh could not and opened fire on the officers, injuring the constable and the SO, the SP said. “He was hit while trying to flee. We carried him to the hospital but his condition deteriorated because of excessive bleeding, resulting in his death” Sen said.