The Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court Thursday formed a team of police officials and directed ADG Arun Kumar to investigate the murders of two advocates in the past four months in Pratapgarh district.
Kumar had submitted a list of officials of his choice Wednesday before the court to form a dedicated team for investigation of the case. “A special police team has been formed by the bench of Justices Uma Nath Singh and Zaki Ullah Khan, comprising same officials recommended by ADG Kumar, to investigate the murder of the two advocates,” said Bulbul Godiyal, Additional Advocate General, who appeared on behalf of the state government.
“The case is to be listed for next hearing before the court after 15 days,” she said.
Advocate Prabhakar Singh was shot in Pratapgarh on Monday in broad daylight while another lawyer, R D Mishra, was murdered in December last year in the district.
After Mishra’s murder, the high court had taken suo motu congnizance of the matter and had appointed ADG Kumar to supervise the investigation. On Tuesday, the bench had directed Kumar to submit a list of officials after the ADG had said he needed a team of dedicated police officers to solve the case.
“A list of 19 officials was submitted by ADG Kumar in the court Wednesday. As per the list, part of the team has been provided by IG Allahabad Zone LV Antony Dev Kumar and other members have been selected from UP Special Task Force (STF) and Crime Branch of Rae Bareli district,” said HGS Parihar, senior lawyer and former president of Oudh Bar Association.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More