The Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court Thursday formed a team of police officials and directed ADG Arun Kumar to investigate the murders of two advocates in the past four months in Pratapgarh district.
Kumar had submitted a list of officials of his choice Wednesday before the court to form a dedicated team for investigation of the case. “A special police team has been formed by the bench of Justices Uma Nath Singh and Zaki Ullah Khan, comprising same officials recommended by ADG Kumar, to investigate the murder of the two advocates,” said Bulbul Godiyal, Additional Advocate General, who appeared on behalf of the state government.
“The case is to be listed for next hearing before the court after 15 days,” she said.
Advocate Prabhakar Singh was shot in Pratapgarh on Monday in broad daylight while another lawyer, R D Mishra, was murdered in December last year in the district.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
After Mishra’s murder, the high court had taken suo motu congnizance of the matter and had appointed ADG Kumar to supervise the investigation. On Tuesday, the bench had directed Kumar to submit a list of officials after the ADG had said he needed a team of dedicated police officers to solve the case.
“A list of 19 officials was submitted by ADG Kumar in the court Wednesday. As per the list, part of the team has been provided by IG Allahabad Zone LV Antony Dev Kumar and other members have been selected from UP Special Task Force (STF) and Crime Branch of Rae Bareli district,” said HGS Parihar, senior lawyer and former president of Oudh Bar Association.