A constable of Saharanpur police,Rahul Dhaka,was shot dead when a police team was trying to intercept a gang of four robbers,who were running away after looting cash from two petrol pumps in bordering Yamuna Nagar district of Haryana on Wednesday.
The other policemen present did not retaliate to the firing on their colleague and let the assailants escape with the victims service carbine. Meerut Zone IG Bhawesh Kumar Singh said: I am looking into the matter of the Circle Officer of Sadar area in Saharanpur,DSP Umesh Kumar Yadav,and other policemen not retaliating to the firing by the robbers. Action will be taken after an inquiry.
Yadav,who was leading the police team,said the city control room flashed a message around 9.45 am about a white Hyundai Verna that had entered the Chilkana area,after robbing cash from two petrol pumps in bordering Buria area. Yadav said,he then went towards Chilkana along with two gunners,including Dhaka,and his driver. They were chasing the car when it turned into a bylane adjacent to a canal in Hasanpur locality of Sadar Bazar area. While they followed the robbers,their car suddenly got stuck in a pit.
As Dhaka went close to the car and tried to open its doors,the robbers opened fire. The bullet hit Dhaka on his head and he died on the spot. The four occupants got down from the car carrying pistols and started firing indiscriminately. The CO,his driver and his other gunner,meanwhile,hid behind the police vehicle. Finding no resistance,the robbers took the constables carbine and walked towards the Chilkana Road with the bag containing the cash.
The DSP said the miscreants threw the currency notes towards locals while running away. The locals later told them that the assailants snatched two motorcycles from passersby at gunpoint to escape,Yadav said. He also said that they found two number-plates from the car bearing registration of Haryana.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Singh also said that SSPs of Muzaffarnagar,Meerut and Shamli,along with special operation groups (SOGs) of adjacent districts,had been engaged to trace the gang of robbers.