A constable of Saharanpur police,Rahul Dhaka,was shot dead when a police team was trying to intercept a gang of four robbers,who were running away after looting cash from two petrol pumps in bordering Yamuna Nagar district of Haryana on Wednesday.
The other policemen present did not retaliate to the firing on their colleague and let the assailants escape with the victims service carbine. Meerut Zone IG Bhawesh Kumar Singh said: I am looking into the matter of the Circle Officer of Sadar area in Saharanpur,DSP Umesh Kumar Yadav,and other policemen not retaliating to the firing by the robbers. Action will be taken after an inquiry.
Yadav,who was leading the police team,said the city control room flashed a message around 9.45 am about a white Hyundai Verna that had entered the Chilkana area,after robbing cash from two petrol pumps in bordering Buria area. Yadav said,he then went towards Chilkana along with two gunners,including Dhaka,and his driver. They were chasing the car when it turned into a bylane adjacent to a canal in Hasanpur locality of Sadar Bazar area. While they followed the robbers,their car suddenly got stuck in a pit.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
As Dhaka went close to the car and tried to open its doors,the robbers opened fire. The bullet hit Dhaka on his head and he died on the spot. The four occupants got down from the car carrying pistols and started firing indiscriminately. The CO,his driver and his other gunner,meanwhile,hid behind the police vehicle. Finding no resistance,the robbers took the constables carbine and walked towards the Chilkana Road with the bag containing the cash.
The DSP said the miscreants threw the currency notes towards locals while running away. The locals later told them that the assailants snatched two motorcycles from passersby at gunpoint to escape,Yadav said. He also said that they found two number-plates from the car bearing registration of Haryana.
Singh also said that SSPs of Muzaffarnagar,Meerut and Shamli,along with special operation groups (SOGs) of adjacent districts,had been engaged to trace the gang of robbers.