A month after the rape and murder of Badaun cousins, it has emerged that the fathers of the two girls had transferred Rs 1 lakh each to the bank accounts of the main eyewitness, Babu Ram alias Najru, and their third brother, who is a witness before the CBI — from the Rs 5 lakh compensation that they had accepted from the BSP.
Sources said the transaction was made from the Kisan Gramin Bank account in Badaun.
Sources said the fathers of the girls have told the investigative agency that they transferred the money to help Najru, who is “like a brother” to them, and their younger brother, since both stopped working in the fields since this tragedy broke out, and have been helping them in the case.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Significantly, CBI investigators have also found the SIM of the broken mobile phone submitted by the girls’ family last week was purchased 12 days before the incident from a mobile shop near the village. Sources said enquiries have revealed that the SIM was purchased by a woman with a fake identification proof and her identity is yet to be established.
The phone was reportedly given to the maternal uncle of the older of the two deceased girls by her family after the bodies were brought down.
Sources added that the family members of the victims who had first denied any knowledge of either girls having a mobile phone, finally accepted that they had found a phone on the person of the older girl after her body was taken down.
The phone in a broken state was reportedly submitted to the CBI team at the investigative agency’s Badaun headquarters last week by the fathers of the two girls. Sources said the investigative agency is also trying to retrieve files of audio and video recordings in the phone
The victims’ fathers, Najru and the girls’ uncle, Ram Babu, have given their consent before a local court and to the CBI for lie detector tests expected to be conducted next week.
Lie detector tests were completed in the last three days on all the five accused, including the three brothers and the two police constables who have since been terminated from service.
The two cousins were found hanging from a tree at Katra Sadatganj village on May 28. Post-mortem reports confirmed rape and hanging before death.