A policeman’s 15-year-old daughter was allegedly gangraped by a local dairy owner and his three associates in Akbarpur police station in Ambedkar Nagar. Even though the incident had occurred in January, the case was lodged only on Saturday morning after the girl’s parents came to know that she was pregnant.
The victim’s father, who is posted in the office of Superintendent of Police in Ambedkar Nagar, reportedly told the police that he had not lodged the rape complaint earlier due to the social stigma associated with the incident. The victim has been sent for medical examination and its report is awaited.
- Koregaon Bhima violence: Man tries to blacken Ekbote’s face in court
- 17-year-old alleges kidnap, gangrape in Jewar
- UP rights panel probes 4 encounters with 1 FIR script: Suspects on bikes fired at cops
- Uttar Pradesh: BJP, cops spar over man’s arrest in extortion case
- Woman ‘gangraped’ by four youths at gunpoint in Etawah
- Police expand suspect list in Haryana Dalit girl’s rape, murder, friend missing
The case has been filed on charges of gangrape and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) against Kallu Yadav and his three associates at the Akbarpur police station. Police are making efforts to arrest the accused who are absconding, said Additional Superintendent of Police, Ambedkar Nagar, Rahul Raj.
Station House Officer, Akbarpur police station, Gyanendra Pratap Singh said that according to the complaint, the girl had gone to the dairy a few metres away from her house when Kallu forcibly took her inside a room where he and three others raped her. Before letting her go, the accused had threatened the victim to kill her father if she told anyone about it, added Singh.