The Federation Internationale de lAutomobile (FIA) has decided to reschedule 2011 Grand Prix across the world by including Bahrain in the October 30 slot and shifting inaugural Indian Grand Prix from October 30 to December 11 slot. The rescheduling has brought relief to the developer Jaypee group,which has been working against a tight schedule.
Sources in the Jaypee group said while the information about the federations decision had reached them,they are yet to receive an official intimation.
According to the revised schedule as uploaded on the FIAs official website,now the Indian Grand Prix would take place on December 11,subjected to an inspection process called homologation.
The rescheduling has been done to accommodate Bahrain. The Grand Prix in Bahrain was originally scheduled for March 2011 but was postponed for security reasons following anti-government protests.
The 5.14-km long F-1 race track in Gautam Budh Nagar district of UP is still under construction. It is being built by Jaypee International Sports Ltd,a subsidiary of Jai Prakash Associates Ltd,the company which is constructing the165km-long Yamuna Expressway. The company has named the race circuit as Buddh International Circuit and recently released its logo.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Earlier,the first Indian Grand Prix was to be held in India on October 30,subject to a final inspection of the circuit by FIA experts. The race will take place in India,only after the track is cleared in the final inspection process.
The developer claims the construction work is on schedule,but the shifting of the race has brought them relief. Meanwhile,the reschedule has caused a concern in the government about its probable effect on the completion of the Yamuna Expressway,the target date for which is also October 2011.