Aimed at strengthening party’s claim on 10 Assembly and one Lok Sabha seat in the upcoming bypolls, BJP national president Amit Shah has picked a team of MPs from each constituency and assigned poll-related responsibilities to them. Polling is scheduled for September 13.
The BJP, which is yet to announce its candidates, will do so by August 22, selecting from the list of applicants as collected by Shah from the respective constituency in-charge.
Shah had held a meeting with party MPs and the in-charge of poll-bound constituencies in Lucknow on Tuesday, where he formed the teams of MPs. These MPs will begin work after the state executive meeting in Mathura on August 23 and 24.
The state BJP’s main focus is on Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat, with Shah appointing five MPs to supervise campaigning in the constituency which fell vacant after Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav decided to retain his membership from Azamgarh, another seat that he had contested and won from in the Lok Sabha elections.
The Samajwadi Party has fielded Mulayam’s grandnephew Tej Pratap Singh from Mainpuri for the bypolls. Of the five MPs assigned to look after Mainpuri, Rajveer Singh (Etah) and Mukesh Rajpoot (Farrukhabad) belong to the Lodhi community, among the dominants after Yadavs and Shakyas.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The remaining three – Ram Shankar Katheria (Agra), Rajesh Diwakar (Hathras) and Anju Bala (Mishrikh) – are Dalits.
“Lok Sabha in-charge will plan tours and meetings of these MPs depending upon their requirement as per caste equations,” said a senior BJP leader.
Besides these five MPs, Shah has also appointed for Mainpuri senior state leaders, including state vice-president Haridwar Dubey, and state secretaries Ram Pratap Singh and Daya Shankar Singh, who will assist the constituency in-charge, thus making the focus on Mainpuri – the Lok Sabha seat in UP which the BJP has never won – almost glaring.
For the Assembly seats, the BJP president has deployed at least three MPs each. Aonla MP Dharmendra Kashyap will oversee campaign preparations of three constituencies, namely Thakurdwara, Bijnor and Saharanpur.
Other Assembly seats going for polls include Noida, Charkhari, Hamirpur, Lucknow East, Nighasan, Balha, Sirathu and Rohaniya. Apna Dal MP Anupriya Patel, MLA from Rohaniya, moved to LS.