After the Muzaffarnagar riots last year, Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav will make his first visit in the western UP to address a election meetings and campaign for his party candidates from the region.
Mulayam previously had only visited Saharanpur for renaming of Sheikhul Hind Mahmood Hasan Medical College and addressed a rally on February 11.
On April 6, Mulayam will address the first meeting at exhibition ground of Muzaffarnagar at 11.30 am for party candidate Virender Singh and later at 12.35 pm at Panipat road in Shamli for Nahid Hasan (Kairana seat ). Later, He will address a meeting at Baghpat in Krishna College ground in favour of Ghulam Mohammad around 1.40 pm.
On April 7, Mulayam will again hold three election meetings. Starting from Nauchandi ground in Meerut at 11.25 am in favour of Shahid Manzoor, Mulayam’s next stop will be at Gandhi Park in Bijnor for Shahnawaz Rana at 12.30 pm and finally in Gandhi Park at Saharanpur for Shazan Masood at 1:45 pm.
After Muzaffarnagar riots, the SP had tried to win over the confidence of Muslims. Mulayam never hesitates to admit that he is saddened by the incident, but also lauds role of state in providing relief and jobs to riots victims.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
After the riots, Mulayam did not visit the region but took control of the situation from Lucknow. Political leaders, clerics and SP workers were called at Lucknow to meet Mulayam.
While several delegations met Mulayam during the period, he avoided visiting the riot-hit areas. CM Akhilesh Yadav and a ministerial delegation headed by senior minister Shivpal Yadav visited the area and apprised Mulayam.
Meanwhile, party leaders have been asked to ensure hat meetings of Mulayam are well attended by Muslims so as to send out a message of community’s solidarity with Mulayam.
1 lakh brahmins to perform havan for Mulayam
Nearly one lakh brahmins will perform havan across the state Saturday wishing for Mulayam Singh Yadav to become PM. Around 1,100 brahmins will perform havan at agriculture minister Manoj Pandey’s house. “It is saptmi and the havan will be performed at my Lucknow residence. It is a religious affair, however, we will pray for Netaji (Mulayam Singh) to become the PM,” Pandey said.
He also said brahmins across the state will perform havan in various districts. Pandey, however, claimed the party, including its intellectual cell, which is headed by Pandey will not be officially involved.