AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas and 20 others have been booked in Sultanpur district for allegedly violating prohibitory orders and the model code of conduct for elections.
An FIR has been lodged against Vishwas and 20 others in Sadar Kotwali police station, district magistrate Pradip Kumar Yadav said. “Kumar Vishwas had come to the district in a cavalcade last night, disrupting traffic on busy roads, without prior permission from the administration,” Yadav said.
Vishwas claimed that he was alone in one vehicle and hence there was no violation of model code of conduct. Alleging that administration was acting against him at the behest of Congress and Samajwadi Party, Vishwas, who has been declared as AAP candidate from Amethi, said he had gone to Sultanpur to meet the father of a labourer who got trapped when a building collapsed.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
On March 5, Raj Kumar, a labourer belonging to Gauriganj area of Amethi, was buried after the building in which he was working collapsed and rescue operations are on to save him.
Vishwas alleged the administration was lax with contractors of the building and demanded an FIR againstthe DM and SP in this connection.