It is a test that no BJP leader worth his salt would like to fail, even if it means spending hours, or the proverbial midnight oil, mugging up the history of the saffron party —- right from its formation to current structure to the constitution.
In a project, that may be replicated in other districts of Uttar Pradesh, the BJP leaders in Kanpur have been told to appear for a written examination on Sunday as part of a two-day training camp that begins Saturday. training camp on Sunday. The examination will test the leaders’ knowledge about the party. The training session will be held at a resort, nearly 20-km from Kanpur city.
BJP’s Kanpur district unit has drafted a set of 20 questions, which all the 423 participants coming to attend the training session will have to solve in 30-minutes. The answer sheets would be presented to party’s state president Laxmikant Bajpai —- the chief guest of the concluding session of the training camp. State general secretary (organisation) Sunil Bansal will be the chief guest at the inaugural session.
The 423 participants include sitting MLAs from Kanpur, former MLAs, mayor, district office bearer, corporators, in-charge and presidents of wings and cells, and district executive committee members.
“The objective of holding the written test is to check if the leaders are aware about party’s ideology, its constitution and history or not. That test will be part of the training camp,” said Surendra Maithani, BJP president of Kanpur unit. He also said that party leaders have been told to get prepared for the written test.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to party sources, more than three dozen party leaders in Kanpur have purchased books related to party history from BJP state headquarters in Lucknow and are engaged in studies to score maximum in the written test. Sources said the test paper includes questions about significant developments in the party since its formation, history of its formation and list of party national presidents.
National Convener of BJP’s training cell, Alok Kumar said, “Training sessions are being organised at district level in UP after a long time. District units have been directed to conduct written tests, but it is not mandatory for all the training camps. The test is aimed to ensure attention of the participants during the discussions in all sessions of the training camp”.
In the state executive committee meeting held in Chirakoot more than an year ago, party had decided to hold training camps in every district regularly to train the new entrants and update the old-timers about party’s views on different national, international and social issues.
The Kanpur event will be a closed-door training camp in which the participants will not be allowed to leave the campus till the end of all seven sessions. Medical facilities would be available at the resort.
Humanism, working of the party, discipline, mother organistion (RSS), importance of IT and social media and political scenario of the state would discussed in training camp.