Former BSP minister Nand Gopal Gupta alias Nandi Monday alleged that a police team raided his Bahadurganj residence in Allahabad Sunday midnight to “harras him and his family” even as the police claimed that they had gone there to question the leader in connection with a case registered against him on Friday.
“It is being done at the behest of certain Samajwadi Party leaders, whose names have cropped up in the investigation of the July 2010 bomb attack case,” Nandi alleged.
Nandi was seriously injured while The Indian Express reporter Vijay Pratap Singh and another person were killed in the bomb attack.
A total of 16 accused were identified in the case, including Bhadohi SP MLA Vijay Mishra and former Block Pramukh Dilip Mishra. Barring the SP MLA, all the others are in jail.
Nandi alleged that he and his family were being harassed at the behest of those whose names have come up in the case.
“They want to silence me. They want that I take back the complaint in the bomb attack case. Registering patently false cases and threatening me has been the norm since the SP came to power,” Nandi said.
The former minister said that he would return to Allahabad on Tuesday and launch an agitation within a week, if things were not sorted out.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Earlier, on Friday last week, Archana Mishra, wife of Dilip Mishra, had lodged an FIR at Industrial Area police station alleging that two unidentified men had hurled bombs at her house with an intention to kill her. It was alleged that they had done so at Nandi’s instance.
Circle Officer (Karchhana), Radhey Shyam Rai, who had led the police team that visited Nandi’s house, said: “It was not a raid. The police had gone there for questioning the former minister because he was named in the FIR. When we conduct a raid, the entire house is searched. Not a single policeman entered his house. We returned when told that he was not at home.”
Asked about the FIR, the CO said: “The bombs were hurled near the boundary wall of the house and were of very low intensity. Nobody was hurt. But there are certain procedures that we have to follow.”
He said that it was only around 10 pm and not midnight, when the police team went there.
In the past year-and-a-half, there have been at least four cases, in which the family members of the accused in the bomb attack case have lodged FIRs against Nandi, his brother-in-law Anoop Mishra and cousin Kamal Kumar.
Barring one case, in which final report has been filed, all the other cases are pending.