The BJP has levelled charges of “quitter” against Kejriwal for resigning from government within 49 days. BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has even referred to Kejriwal as “AK-49”.
For his part, Kejriwal has constantly been attacking the Congress and the BJP for having struck a deal to continue with what he claims was “crony capitalism and loot-tantra (the system of looting of resources)”.
The AAP leader has also been trying to explain to the people in Varanasi why he left the government within 49 days. He was greeted with posters of “bhagoda” (quitter) when he had formally launched his campaign.
BJP national general secretary Vijay Goel, who was in Allahabad on way to Varanasi, told The Indian Express that the team from Delhi would reach Varanasi in a couple of days.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“They will go door-to-door and distribute pamphlets to remind people, how Kejriwal betrayed people,” he said. Goel would be supervising the campaign.
Goel added the BJP was confident of its victory in Varanasi, however, its is necessary to remind people about the truth of leaders like Kejriwal, who were nothing but a distraction and had anarchic tendencies.
“Right from the time he vowed not to form government with anyone’s support and even swore in the name of his children, he has been lying. He not only formed government with Congress support, but also announced several populist schemes, like waiving of power bills for those who agitated for ‘power reforms’, subsidy for power, providing 700 litres of water in a month, without any provision for funds on the ground,” he said.
However, AAP claimed to have virtually got rid of this allegation in Varanasi. “A large number of our volunteers from Delhi have been going door-to-door and explaining people why Kejriwal quit government. He himself has explained as much as possible. So even if one launches a campaign as polling day nears, it will not have an impact. People of Varanasi are wise enough to realise that the allegation of ‘quitter’ is just
BJP-Congress propaganda,” said AAP spokesperson for Varanasi, Prerna Prasad.
Besides, Prasad added, AAP is reaching out to people in various ways. “There are at least 20-30 roadside meetings, apart from the ones by Kejriwal, everyday. We reach people through tele-calling, social media and door-to-door campaigning. We have managed to get in touch with at least 50 per cent of the voters,” she said.