A 15-year-old girl was attacked and dragged by a crocodile into a river at Bahraich’s Sujauli area Friday afternoon. A 12-year-old girl, too, suffered injuries in the attack.
Teams of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and police have so far failed to find the body of the girl dragged by the crocodile. The injured girl was taken to hospital and discharged soon after.
Phoolkali (15) and Pinky (12), residents of Bhawanipur village, had gone to Bhawanipur ghat of the Gerua river to perform puja with other villagers.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sujauli station officer Bhishm Pal Singh said Phoolkali was washing her hands in the river while Pinky was sitting nearby.
He said the crocodile first attacked Pinky who suffered injuries on her legs and hands but was pulled away by the villagers.
“Soon, the crocodile attacked Phoolkali who was standing there and dragged her into the water before the villagers could do anything.
Police and the SSB have been searching for her body with motor boats since then but have not traced it yet,” Singh said. He said the ghat falls inside the range of Katarniaghat forest range but the neighbouring villagers often visit the place.