Referring to the Budaun gangrape-murder of two minor girls, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday claimed criminal cases of UP alone were being “purposely” publicised by “cunning people” and the “media”.
Citing law and order incidents of Bangalore, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, he asked the mediapersons to “google search” those incidents as well.
“An incident took place in Bangalore, did it come to national limelight? Cases are happening in Madhya Pradesh also. I came to know a Minister’s relative’s chain was snatched near her house. Even incidents took place in Rajasthan. But it is only those in UP that are purposely highlighted more and even more by cunning people.”
The Chief Minister also claimed to have taken all the possible steps in the Budaun rape case.
“When the Budaun case came to light, we took all possible steps and even recommended a CBI inquiry. While incidents take place in other states as well and you can google search the figures, but incidents in UP are highlighted more,” the CM said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile, a day after giving orders for 24-hour electricity supply to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s constituency Varanasi, Akhilesh asked the Centre to return the favour and lend electricity to UP for at least a year in the name of the the BJP’s “big victory” in the state.
“They (BJP) have got so many MPs and even the Prime Minister’s seat is here. So, they should lend us electricity for at least a year and we would return it to them in 2016,” he said after the state cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
He said when the the state government fulfilled the wish of the BJP MLA sitting on fast for uniterrupted power supply to Varanasi, the central government, too, should consider giving electricity to the state, at least in accordance with the set quota.
When asked about his minister questioning his flagship scheme of “distribution of free laptops”, Akhilesh said, “We are not a government of dictators. Everyone has the right to their personal opinion and that was his personal opinion. As far as the government is concerned, there will be more focus on the Internet, computers, e-books, e-library, etc.”
On the question of Opposition seeking his resignation and saying the state government would be dissolved soon, Akhilesh said, “Two years ago, we used to boost the morale of our workers by such talks. There is nothing of the sort happening.”
He added different departments of the state government would soon write to the Centre about the pending development projects, including NHAI projects like Gorakhpur-Varanasi and Hamirpur-Kanpur highways, and also wrepair of the GT Road.