THE COURT of Aligarh district and session judge has issued summons to Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Vice-chancellor Lt Gen Zameer Uddin Shah and 14 other varsity officials in a case of alleged fraudulent appointments of few professors and adminstrative personnel currently posted in AMU.
Those summoned have been asked to appear before the court at the next hearing, scheduled on November 22. Besides the V-C, summons have been issued to Pro-vice Chancellor Syed Ahmed Ali and deputy registrars Salik A Siddiqui and Arifuddin Ahmed.
Ashok Kumar, lawyer of complainant Pitambar Singh — an Aligarh-based social worker — said his client had filed a petition in the Aligarh court alleging that appointments to teachers’ posts at AMU had been made through forged documents.
“As per the petitioner, 10 teachers were appointed to the university and the city school run by AMU in violation of recruitment rules over a period of time. Singh had named senior members of AMU administration, including the V-C, as respondents in the matter and also raised serious allegations of violation of rules concerning hiring and recruitment,” added Kumar. A report attached to the petition also names the teachers who are working in AMU by using fake degrees.
The petition, which was filed in the CJM court last year, was dismissed by the Aligarh chief judicial magistrate on October 5. On October 24, Pitambar Singh had filed a revision petition under Section 397 of the CrPC against the CJM court’s decision. The district and session judge’s summons to AMU officials was in response to this revision petition.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
When contacted, AMU PRO Omar Saleem Peerzada said: “The varsity has not received any notice in this matter so far. Hence, I am unable to comment.”