A constable was shot by a gangster at a village in Agra’s Malpura police station area Wednesday night. The incident happened when a police team led by the station officer (SO) reached the village to look into a complaint against the gangster,
The family members of the constable staged a protest demanding that a murder case be registered against the SO.
Agra SSP Shalabh Mathur said SO CP Singh has been suspended and a murder case is being lodged against him on a complaint by the constable’s family.
On June 16, two constables were shot by criminals in Firozabad district and the mob protesting the deaths had left the Agra Range DIG seriously injured in the violence.
On Wednesday night, the police team led by the SO had gone to Bamrauli Ahir village to look into a complaint filed by locals against gangster Lakhan Singh Yadav, who was released from the jail last week. The locals had alleged that the gangster was issuing them life threats.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
As the police jeep arrived outside Lakhan’s house, the latter along with his associates started pelting them with stones. Before the policemen could react, the gangster fired at them. A bullet hit constable Pradeep Kumar’s chest.
While the criminals escaped, the constable was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, the police said.
Constable Pradeep (27) belonged to Etah district and was posted at Malpura police station a few months ago. He had joined the service in 2009.