A constable was shot by a gangster at a village in Agra’s Malpura police station area Wednesday night. The incident happened when a police team led by the station officer (SO) reached the village to look into a complaint against the gangster,
The family members of the constable staged a protest demanding that a murder case be registered against the SO.
Agra SSP Shalabh Mathur said SO CP Singh has been suspended and a murder case is being lodged against him on a complaint by the constable’s family.
On June 16, two constables were shot by criminals in Firozabad district and the mob protesting the deaths had left the Agra Range DIG seriously injured in the violence.
On Wednesday night, the police team led by the SO had gone to Bamrauli Ahir village to look into a complaint filed by locals against gangster Lakhan Singh Yadav, who was released from the jail last week. The locals had alleged that the gangster was issuing them life threats.
As the police jeep arrived outside Lakhan’s house, the latter along with his associates started pelting them with stones. Before the policemen could react, the gangster fired at them. A bullet hit constable Pradeep Kumar’s chest.
While the criminals escaped, the constable was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, the police said.
Constable Pradeep (27) belonged to Etah district and was posted at Malpura police station a few months ago. He had joined the service in 2009.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016