Amid talks about entry of Priyanka Gandhi in the electoral politics, and her subsequent denial of the same, a Congress worker here Monday raked up a controversy by putting up a poster likening Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi to Mahatma Gandhi, while asking his sister to take care of her family.
The poster was put up by Mohammad Aslam, who claimed to be former vice-president in the city Congress committee of Allahabad. All such committees have been dissolved.
“Ab chalegi Rahul ki aandhi, Rahul Gandhi hain doosre Mahatma Gandhi; Priyanka sambhalo grihasthi ki kamaan, Rahul sambhalo Congress ki kamaan (Only Rahul’s wind will blow, he is the second Mahatma; Priyanka, you take care of the household, Rahul will take care of the Congress),” read the poster, which was put up at Subhash Chauraha this afternoon.
Repeated efforts to contact Aslam proved futile.
Contacted, UP Congress spokesperson, Satya Dev Tripathi, said: “We have come to know about it from the media. Our stand is clear. No Congressman is authorised to speak in the matter involving the family of our party president. Anybody doing such a thing is only seeking cheap publicity”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said the party’s “disciplinary committee chairman can take suo motu cognisance of the matter”. “Normally, a report from the city committee is initiated in such manners, but they (the committees) are currently dissolved,” he added.
Abhay Awasthi, who was the city Congress chief in the now-dissolved committee, said that Aslam was one of the vice-presidents in his committee. “In any case, it is a poster in his individual capacity. We have nothing to with it. Also, as things are, the committees are dissolved,” said Awasthi.
In the past, a group of local Congress workers had put up posters asking Priyanka to take charge of the party. Today’s poster was being seen as a counter to the same by another local group of the party.
Allahabad zone coordinator, Aslam Rainee, however, said there was city vice-president named Aslam “It may be that he has put up a poster at the instance of some other party workers. As far as we are concerned, there is no confusion over the fact that our leaders are party president (Sonia Gandhi) and Rahul Gandhi,” he said.