Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said the Congress should come forward to help rhird front in forming the government. “If Congress is really serious in stopping a communal party like BJP from attaining power, it should extend help in formation of third front government after the polls,” Akhilesh said after casting his vote at Saifai in Etawah Thursday.
He also said the Congress should respect the sentiments of the people and should be open in extending support to third front government.
Earlier, Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Shivpal Yadav had also stated that Congress should reciprocate SP’s offer of not fielding candidates against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi from Amethi and Rae Bareli by extending support in forming the government after the elections.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The remarks by SP leaders indicate that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, despite his attack on the Congress during campaigning
is not averse to taking its support.
However, Akhilesh, who claimed that there is a wave in SP’s favour in the state, was quick to amend his statement. “Well, there will not be any difficulty in forming third front government as in nearly two-third states, third front parties are winning the polls. In UP, SP will win maximum seats,” he said.
Akhilesh also said that resurgence of BJP had occurred due to the weakening of the Congress. “Congress has surrendered before BJP and communal forces. Congress ruled the state for 55 years but it did not work for the welfare of the people and so people have rejected the Congress. It will be defeated in the polls,” said Akhilesh.
Earlier, Mulayam, who also polled his vote at Saifai, claimed there is no Modi wave in the country and that the media has created a hype. “Take my word, Modi’s dream of becoming PM of the country will never be fulfilled,” he said.