Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said the Congress should come forward to help rhird front in forming the government. “If Congress is really serious in stopping a communal party like BJP from attaining power, it should extend help in formation of third front government after the polls,” Akhilesh said after casting his vote at Saifai in Etawah Thursday.
He also said the Congress should respect the sentiments of the people and should be open in extending support to third front government.
Earlier, Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Shivpal Yadav had also stated that Congress should reciprocate SP’s offer of not fielding candidates against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi from Amethi and Rae Bareli by extending support in forming the government after the elections.
The remarks by SP leaders indicate that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, despite his attack on the Congress during campaigning
is not averse to taking its support.
However, Akhilesh, who claimed that there is a wave in SP’s favour in the state, was quick to amend his statement. “Well, there will not be any difficulty in forming third front government as in nearly two-third states, third front parties are winning the polls. In UP, SP will win maximum seats,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Akhilesh also said that resurgence of BJP had occurred due to the weakening of the Congress. “Congress has surrendered before BJP and communal forces. Congress ruled the state for 55 years but it did not work for the welfare of the people and so people have rejected the Congress. It will be defeated in the polls,” said Akhilesh.
Earlier, Mulayam, who also polled his vote at Saifai, claimed there is no Modi wave in the country and that the media has created a hype. “Take my word, Modi’s dream of becoming PM of the country will never be fulfilled,” he said.