Communal violence broke out in a village in Bareilly after a group of people allegedly attacked a madrasa and vandalised it.
According to the police, the madrasa in Khateta village under Aliganj police station area was allegedly ransacked on the pretext that the maulvi (cleric) of the madrasa was calling people from neighbouring villages to offer namaz there.
The police said a group of men on Saturday morning went to a madrasa that is being run out of a room. Police said they allegedly took an electric fan and a generator from there.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The generator was later found in a pond nearby.
When one Tariq Ali, who lives near the madrasa, objected to the ransacking, he and his brother, Anwar, were allegedly assaulted.
The altercation triggered a clash between groups of two communities who indulged in brick-batting.
However, the police arrived soon and brought the situation under control.
Circle Officer, Aonla area, Kushal Pal Singh said an FIR has been lodged against the accused persons on Ali’s complaint.
He said five persons have been taken into custody and police are on the lookout for others.
“Muslims in the village have been offering namaz at the madrasa for the last 11 years but the maulvi had recently allowed men from other villages also to offer prayers there.
“Some Hindus had objected to it and a group of people from the community went inside the madrasa today and removed the generator and fan. The maulvi is from a neighbouring village and he was not there at the time of the incident,” said the circle officer.