Communal violence broke out in a village in Bareilly after a group of people allegedly attacked a madrasa and vandalised it.
According to the police, the madrasa in Khateta village under Aliganj police station area was allegedly ransacked on the pretext that the maulvi (cleric) of the madrasa was calling people from neighbouring villages to offer namaz there.
The police said a group of men on Saturday morning went to a madrasa that is being run out of a room. Police said they allegedly took an electric fan and a generator from there.
The generator was later found in a pond nearby.
When one Tariq Ali, who lives near the madrasa, objected to the ransacking, he and his brother, Anwar, were allegedly assaulted.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The altercation triggered a clash between groups of two communities who indulged in brick-batting.
However, the police arrived soon and brought the situation under control.
Circle Officer, Aonla area, Kushal Pal Singh said an FIR has been lodged against the accused persons on Ali’s complaint.
He said five persons have been taken into custody and police are on the lookout for others.
“Muslims in the village have been offering namaz at the madrasa for the last 11 years but the maulvi had recently allowed men from other villages also to offer prayers there.
“Some Hindus had objected to it and a group of people from the community went inside the madrasa today and removed the generator and fan. The maulvi is from a neighbouring village and he was not there at the time of the incident,” said the circle officer.