Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has directed senior party leaders to go to villages and connect with the people and “expose” the BJP.
The CM’s directive Saturday came at the state parliamentary board meeting in Lucknow, which was attended by 11 members and chaired by Akhilesh himself. The last such meeting was held in October last year and was chaired by the CM’s father and SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav when strategies for the Lok Sabha elections were formulated. , Mulayam, however, did not attend the Saturday’s meeting.
Akhilesh reportedly expressed concern over party leaders “distancing themselves from the people”, an observation that led him to order his senior leaders, including ministers, to “spend days and nights” at villages and highlight the achievements of the state government.
When analysis of the 2014 Lok Sabha debacle came up for discussion, the board members roundly claimed that the BJP has won the elections by “selling dreams that cannot be fulfilled” and the saffron party will be exposed soon.
The agenda for the coming bypolls on 12 Assembly seats and one Lok Sabha seat was also taken up during the meeting.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Having declared candidates for seven Assembly seats, the parliamentary board at the meeting forwarded a panel of three names from each seat for the remaining five assembly constituencies, leaving the final decision to the CM.
The seats became vacant after 11 legislators of BJP and one of Apna Dal got elected to Lok Sabha.
The 11 members present at the meeting were also apprised of the party’s online membership scheme with Akhilesh telling them that people even from foreign countries are taking membership of the party. SP’s ongoing membership drive will end on August 31.
The CM also discussed plans of launching a 15-day student awareness campaign from September 5.