Even the heavy rainfall on Sunday did not deter Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav from going out on a surprise inspection of LDA schemes in the state capital, cancelling his pre-scheduled programme to attend a function of state vigilance establishment.
Around 12:30 pm, Akhilesh arrived at Gomti Nagar extension to inspect LDA’s river-view apartment phase-1 scheme and met residents of Saraswati apartment, asking them to narrate their grievances, if any.
Construction major Larsen & Toubro completed work on 1,245 flats under phase-1 for LDA in 2011. Upon the CM’s arrival, officials of both LDA and L&T were called in who informed that 1,060 allotments have been carried out while remaining ones are under process. There have been reports about lacunae in construction and lack of maintenance. To assess these, the CM visited the parking area and expressed his dissatisfaction over the water-logging in the parking lot.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
He then told the officials of L&T to rectify the lacunae in the construction and to look after the problems like making the apartment furnished and clean before handing over the possession.
AKhilesh then asked District Magistrate Raj Shekhar to collect all the applications related to the residents’ grievances and asked LDA officials to resolve the issues as soon as possible. Later in the day, the CM and his team of officials visited under-construction site of Janeshwar Mishra park in Gomti Nagar extension. The park, which is being constructed in the memory of late SP leader, was initially conceived during Mayawati regime as Bhimrao Ambedkar Harit Park. However, after coming to power in 2012, the SP Government changed the name of the proposed park.
During his surprise visit, Akhilesh reviewed the progress of the construction work and told the officers that the pace of the work is slow.
There are several water-bodies that are to be created in the park, for which the he said the work must begin as early as possible.