Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Saturday advised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi not to worry about the pollution of Ganga as the river does not belong to his state.
Akhilesh was talking to newsmen after launching the Skill Development Mission Scheme (SDM) in the state at his residence on Saturday.
Modi,during his rally in Varanasi Friday,had said he was concerned about the pollution in Ganga.
People of other states should not worry about Ganga as it is not in their state. Perhaps,he (Modi) did not have full information. Water has the quality of self cleaning, Akhilesh said.
Akhilesh also blamed Modi for not taking any feedback on pollution in Ganga by Hindu seers. They never meet Hindu seers. They should have asked them about pollution in Ganga. The saints got clean water during the recently concluded Kumbh, he said.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
However,Akhilesh claimed that the condition of Ganga has not deteriorated in a day. It was not polluted over night. There is a programme with the assistance of central government for cleaning of Ganga, he said.
Akhilesh also ridiculed the charges of Modi that people are harassed for bribes in getting jobs and transfers.
It is all baseless. We are implementing latest technology. Thousands of online transfers of teachers and policemen have been done. No charges of corruption were reported, he stated.
Meanwhile,Akhilesh evaded a direct reply over Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha’s party All India Anna Dravida Munntera Kazagham (AIADMK) wanting their leader to become PM of the country. It is correct that the Lok Sabha elections are held for deciding the PM of the country. But it will be done by the people of the country. We only want that communal forces should be defeated,” he stated.
Earlier,Akhilesh launched the skill development mission scheme which aims at providing training and job aid to youths of 14 to 35 years. Previous government had dumped this programme. Even the Industrial Training Institutes were overlooked and are in a shambles. We are starting it for the welfare of unemployed youths, he said.
On the occasion,letter of invitation to five agencies were also provided for setting up training institutes. Raymond,too,was given letter for setting up a tailoring training institute. Akhilesh praised his officials for launching the programme in the state. The government has the advantage of good work done by the officials. Good work brings benefit for us,” he said.
Before that,Akhilesh distributed awards of Sanskrit Sansthan. Eminent Sanskrit scholars,including Acharya Ramanuj Tatacharya who was conferred Vishwa Bharti award,were present on the occasion. The awards were discontinued in 2008. We assure that the award money will double from next year, he said.
SP demands apology from BJP over Har Har Modi chant<\b>
Terming the Har Har Modi chant during Narendra Modis rally in Varanasi as an insult to the followers of Hindu religion,Samajwadi Party today demanded an unconditional apology from BJP. Lord Shiva is highly revered in Hindu religion and people have deep faith in him. Equalling Modi to him by chanting slogans of Har Har Modi is not only an insult of Mahadev,but also the followers of Hindu religion, SP national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said while replying to a question here. BJP must apologise unconditionally, he said.
During the BJPs prime ministerial candidates Vijay Sankhnaad rally in Varanasi yesterday,the partys state president Laxmikant Bajpai had asked people to raise the slogan Har Har Modi.