On Wednesday, the Shravasti district woke up to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav landing at its doorstep for a surprise inspection, an attempt directed at “reducing the gap between the government and the common people”.
As Akhilesh went about interacting with the villagers, suspension orders began to flow thick and fast. By the end of the CM’s “surprise visit”, six state officials had been slapped with suspension notices, while the seventh, District Magistrate Bhanu Goswami, was removed. Superintendent of Police Salikram Verma was let off with a warning. All suspension orders were given on the spot.
The day started with Akhilesh, accompanied by Principal Secretary Rakesh Garg, holding a chaupal at Bhartapur village where he enquired about electricity supply, laptop distribution programme and other welfare-related schemes.
When the villagers told about the “hardly one hour” of electricity supply in the village, the CM asked for the rostering schedule, which had listed electricity supply to the village from 11:45 am to 6:45 pm. It was 11:55 am and there was no electricity in the village. Suspension of Executive Engineer, Power, was ordered.
The CM then inspected the roads as well as the drainage system in the village and found that while the roads were sub-standard, there was no outlet to the drainage system leading to water-logging. Order for suspension of Executive Engineer, Rural Engineering Services, in whose time the road was constructed, was issued.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Lined next were complaints that public distribution system was not working properly, fertilizers were scant and illegal mining was rampant. Akhilesh verified the beneficiaries who were supplied seeds by the government and found that one beneficiary mentioned was a labourer and not a farmer. These led to the suspension of deputy director, agriculture; district supply officer; and district mining officer.
The CM had, meanwhile, asked IAS officer Amit Gupta to visit the nearby community health centre. Gupta reported that essential medicines for children were not available for the past six months. This laxity resulted in the suspension of the Chief Medical Officer.
DM Goswami was removed for “negligence in carrying out supervision”. A statement issued from the state government later in the day confirmed the suspension of the six officials and removal of the DM.