A recent meeting between BSP MP and zonal coordinator (western region), Munquad Ali and Bareilly-based cleric Tauqeer Raza Khan has fuelled speculations about the latter joining BSP. Raza recently snapped ties with SP and also relinquished the minister of state status accorded to him by the Akhilesh Yadav government.
“It was formal meeting. Munquad Ali visited me at my Bareilly residence last week. I cannot comment on the future as my agenda is to prevent communal forces in the upcoming elections,” Raza said. Munquad Ali too confirmed meeting Raza.
However, despite their old relations, as claimed by both Raza and Munquad, it was the first time that the latter had visited the cleric’s house in Bareilly. Raza, meanwhile, said he “is keeping all options open”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I can align with any secular front. This was the first time that Munquad Ali came to my house. It is too premature to say that I am aligning with BSP. They have their own system of declaring things,” Raza said.
The cleric is also the president of Ittehad-e-Millat Council (IMC), which had announced support to SP in the coming Lok Sabha elections. In 2009 Lok Sabha elections, IMC had supported Congress, which won the Bareilly seat.
“BSP has dropped Sudheer Maurya from Bareilly. I am not going to contest, but want to see communal forces defeated,” Raza said.
Sources said Bareilly was the bone of contention between Raza and SP. Raza was against SP fielding Ayesha Islam, wife of MLA Shahzil Islam who had won as IMC candidate, but switched to SP.