The Ministry of Railways has proposed a Road Over Bridge (ROB) in lieu of the railway crossing in Dilkusha area of Lucknow, barely 50-metres from the residence of Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav. The ministry has included the project in its rail budget for the fiscal year 2014-15 that was announced recently.
The government has provided Rs 1 crore for the project so far. In the budget report, the project has been mentioned as an ROB in lieu of level crossing No. 213 as a project of road safety work. The crossing, known as Dilkusha railway crossing, will connect Vikramaditya Marg, Dilkusha colony and Sultanpur Road, and has minimum traffic pressure. The VVIP buildings on Vikramaditya Marg include bungalows of Mulaym Singh Yadav, UP Chief Secretary, Samajwadi Party headquarters, and office and residence of Lucknow Zone IG.
Incidentally, BSP president Mayawati, had faced a similar situation, who had protested when the Akhilesh government had approved construction for an ROB on the railway crossing on Mahatma Gandhi Marg, close to Mayawati’s residence, 13-Mall Avenue, and the BSP headquarters.
Mayawati opposed its development citing security concern for herself. Senior Divisional Commercial Manager of Northern Railway, Ashwini Srivastava said, the ROB has been proposed after conducting thorough study. Railways construct only a certain portion of the ROB above the railway line area, while the department gets rest of the fly over constructed by the UP State Bridge Corporation (UPSBC).
Sources said, railway ministry will send a proposal to UP government regarding construction of the flyover and will obtain a no objection certificate from PWD for starting work on Vikramaditya Marg soon after the budget is approved by Parliament.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More