The Ministry of Railways has proposed a Road Over Bridge (ROB) in lieu of the railway crossing in Dilkusha area of Lucknow, barely 50-metres from the residence of Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav. The ministry has included the project in its rail budget for the fiscal year 2014-15 that was announced recently.
The government has provided Rs 1 crore for the project so far. In the budget report, the project has been mentioned as an ROB in lieu of level crossing No. 213 as a project of road safety work. The crossing, known as Dilkusha railway crossing, will connect Vikramaditya Marg, Dilkusha colony and Sultanpur Road, and has minimum traffic pressure. The VVIP buildings on Vikramaditya Marg include bungalows of Mulaym Singh Yadav, UP Chief Secretary, Samajwadi Party headquarters, and office and residence of Lucknow Zone IG.
Incidentally, BSP president Mayawati, had faced a similar situation, who had protested when the Akhilesh government had approved construction for an ROB on the railway crossing on Mahatma Gandhi Marg, close to Mayawati’s residence, 13-Mall Avenue, and the BSP headquarters.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Mayawati opposed its development citing security concern for herself. Senior Divisional Commercial Manager of Northern Railway, Ashwini Srivastava said, the ROB has been proposed after conducting thorough study. Railways construct only a certain portion of the ROB above the railway line area, while the department gets rest of the fly over constructed by the UP State Bridge Corporation (UPSBC).
Sources said, railway ministry will send a proposal to UP government regarding construction of the flyover and will obtain a no objection certificate from PWD for starting work on Vikramaditya Marg soon after the budget is approved by Parliament.