The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has begun investigating into the mysterious disappearance of the 17-year-old Raksham Dwivedi who went missing four years ago from Allahabad. Raksham, who was preparing for a course in B.Pharma, left his home on April 6, 2010 on a motorcycle and did not return.
The Allahabad Police and Uttar Pradesh STF had earlier investigated the matter, but failed to locate the boy. Raksham’s father Chandra Sheel Dwivedi, a high court lawyer, moved to Allahabad High Court seeking direction for the CBI court alleging apathetic attitude of the local police. Dwivedi had lodged an FIR about his son’s mysterious disappearance with the Colonelganj police station the same day, but the police did not inquiring other police stations about the missing boy. Raksham’s motorcycle was later seized by the Naini police station of Allahabad when the police found it parked outside a shop there on April 7. The boy’s family members, while searching for him, spotted his motorcycle parked on Naini police station campus after nine days.
The state had recommended a CBI inquiry into the matter, but it was not taken up. In April this year, the HC directed a CBI investigation into the case. CBI’s Special Crime Branch in Lucknow registered the case three days ago. A senior CBI officer confirmed the lodging of an FIR into the matter. “We found the police was only giving false promises, but doing nothing. The vehicle could not be traced by Colonelganj police which was lying unclaimed at the neighbouring police station for nine days,” said Dwivedi.
Allahabad Police suspected suicide and sent divers to conduct a search in Yamuna river to no yield. The police later filed a closure report into the case in 2012.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review