Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) staged a walkout during Zero Hour in the state Assembly over the plight of sugarcane farmers in the state on Tuesday.
All the opposition parties - BSP,BJP,Congress and Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) - had given separate adjournment notices during Zero Hour over sugarcane issue.
Speaking on the admissibility of the adjournment notice,Leader of Opposition,Swami Prasad Maurya blamed the state government for ignoring the interests of the cane farmers while siding with the mill owners.
Maurya blamed the chief minister for passing the buck on to previous government. You only mentioned the misdeeds of previous government. In 2007,when Samajwadi Party (SP) government had left,the cane price was Rs 125 per quintal,which BSP hiked to Rs 250 per quintal. We had cleared all dues with interest to the farmers, he stated.
Maurya also defended the sale of sugarmills by BSP regime on grounds that the revenue generated was deposited with the government.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Congress member Pankaj Malik,BJPs Hukum Singh and RLDs Dalbeer Singh also spoke on the issue before staging a walkout.
Leader of the house and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in his reply said that the sugarmills were sold during BSP regime to select persons. We revived Mohiuddin sugar mill at the cost of Rs 10 crore. It was priced at only Rs 25 crore by BSP government while its land itself is worth thousands of crores, he stated.
Akhilesh also mentioned that there was pressure from sugarmill owners that the cane price should be reduced. We did not reduce the cane price. We understand that market is such where there have been losses. Agitations were held in different places. Congress is also to be blamed as raw sugar has been imported in the market. There is some crisis in the sector which will be soon over, he stated.
He also targetted the BSP members stating that they staged walkout since they offered too much sweetner and now no one is coming forward without it. The adjournment notice was rejected by the speaker Mata Prasad Pandey.
In another adjournment notice BJP leader Luxmikant Bajpai raised the issue of murder of Ram Mohan Gupta in Ambedkarnagar blaming poor law and order condition. Bajpai demanded CBI inquiry in the case. Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan assured that state government will act in an impartial manner and justice will be delivered.
Later,the House also passed the second supplementary budget for Rs 3619.76 crore before it was adjourned sine-die by the speaker Mata Prasad Pandey.