In Amethi, while campaigning for his brother Rahul, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra tried to strike an emotional chord with the public by comparing her brother to her “visionary father” Rajiv Gandhi. Priyanka also chalked out development schemes announced by her brother and said: “Those who have criticised Rajiv Gandhi are today criticising Rahul because like my father, even Rahul has a long-term vision.”
She said her father Rajiv died for the country and told the crowd that how she cried when she had shifted her focus from Amethi to Rae Bareli in 2004.
“I used to come here with my father earlier. In 2004, when I shifted my focus to Rae Bareli, I have made brothers, sisters and friends here. In 2004, while campaigning for my mother, I cried, when I was passing Amethi on my way to Rae Bareli. No outsider will be able to understand this emotion,” she said.
Cautioning the public about “outsiders”, she said: “There are leaders, who are outsiders and have come here to contest. They say there are no roads, no electricity because they have little understanding of the region and do not know the love we share with you,” in an apparent jibe at BJP’s Smriti Irani.
She said. “Ek Neta hain, jo Chandani Chowk se ladi thi. Zara Chandani Chowk ke logon se puchhiye.. Kya Madam dobara gayi wahan (There is a leader, who had contested from Chandani Chowk. Go and ask people of Chandani Chowk if she had re-visited them again).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Smriti Irani, who is also campaigning in the region tweeted: “Pehle Smt Vadra ye batayein ki Rahulji 10 saal mein kitni baar Amethi aaye.. Rishton ke naam pe Amethi ko vikaas se vanchit rakhte hain aur doosro par chheentakashi karte hain” (First Mrs Vadra should tell that in past 10 years, how many times has Rahul visited Amethi. In the name of relations, Amethi has been kept away from development.)
Actor-turned politician Smriti Irani had unsuccessfully contested the 2004 elections from Chandni Chowk and has been pitted against Rahul Gandhi from Amethi. Priyanka said she was sure the public will be able to distinguish between “drama and reality” this elections.
Priyanka held 13 public meetings in various villages of Jagdishpur and also held “foot-march” in Musafirkhana and gave surprise visit to AAP workers at Banbharia village, shook hands and even interacted with them.