All India Muslim Personal Law Board member Maulana Kalbe Jawwad and Naib Shahi Imam Yahya Bukhari, brother of Shahi Imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid, Monday “appealed” to Muslims to boycott both BJP and Congress in the Lok Sabha elections and vote for “secular candidates”.
“BJP has committed the biggest ever mass killing in India, in Gujarat…Congress has committed many more murders of Muslims…there is barely any region where Congress hasn’t committed a mass murder,” Yahya Bukhari said.
Addressing a joint press meet with Jawwad,Bukhari irged Muslims that “wherever you feel there is a good and secular candidate, from any party, vote for him”. “In Delhi, we openly support AAP as it is the only non-BJP non-Congress option,” Bukhari said, adding there was “no harm in trying someone new.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Bukhari said, he also boycotts the support extended by his elder brother, Shahi Imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid, to Congress and said “he would expose in three days the details of the pact between them (Congress and Shahi Imam)”.
He said, Congress was as much responsible for Muzaffarnagar riots as was the Samajwadi Party. “It was under Mulayam’s government that Muslims as well as Hindus lost their lives and Congress government at the Centre didn’t help. When Rahul Gandhi visited the riot affected areas, Muslims cried and begged him for a package. But Congress didn’t take any step in this direction. If it wanted, it could have arranged packages and sent forces to stop the riots,” he said.
Jawwad, a Shia cleric, said that there are some parties, “which are openly against Muslims, such as BJP,” while others are hiding behind masks of “being friends of Muslims.” “We have come here to tell people about Congress’s real face,” Jawwad said, adding that the Congress “had a role in demolition of the Babri mosque and is responsible for pushing Muslims even below Dalits.”
“It also ended the minority character of Aligarh Muslim University and many, many riots have taken place under Congress governments,” he said, adding the party was aoccupying many Waqf properties and had also razed 700-year-old Ghausia mosque. He said, voting for Congress would be equal to being a traitor.
Bukhari, further added that there were certain things in the Congress manifesto which were against Islam. “I have been told that the Congress party hasn’t held homosexuality wrong in its manifesto. Islam hasn’t just opposed homosexuality but has also reserved a severe punishment for those found guilty. So Muslims should make a decision in this light,” he added.