KANPUR: Facing penury,a 50-year-old mason allegedly committed suicide by jumping in a river in Bithur district,police said Thursday. Suhagi Lal,father of six,went to a bridge on the Pandu River and jumped. Passersby informed the police and started searching for the body,but due to heavy flow of the river could not trace the body.
Court gives life to seven for murder
KANPUR: A local court sentenced seven to life imprisonment for murdering a youth eight years ago. According to government prosecutor,Rajendra Prasad,Additional district judge sentenced the seven on the basis of statements by two eye witnesses. Two of the accused are juvenile and are being tried by the juvenile court. Ashish Tripathi,brother of a student leader,was killed on June 30,2005.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Man acquitted in honour killing case
MUZAFFARNAGAR: Citing lack of evidence, a local court Thursday acquitted a man accused of killing his sister at Kidwai Nagar,in a suspected case of honour killing. Additional district sessions judge,Ghanshyam Pathak acquitted Majid of killing his 21-year-old sister,saying that the prosecution had failed to prove charges against him. According to prosecution,Khushnuma was shot by her brother in her sleep on August 22 last year. The victims father Sharif Ahmed had lodged an FIR against his son.
IAF jawan gets life for murdering wife
MUZAFFARNAGAR: A local court sentenced an Indian Air Force jawan to life imprisonment for murdering his wife,after she failed to bear a male child in their 17-year-long wedded life. The court also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh on the accused Ram Kishan Sharma and held him guilty under Section 302 of the IPC. According to prosecution,Rajni was strangulated by Ram at Basod village in Baghpat district in 2007.
Minor girl killed,one injured in firing
ETAWAH: A 17-year-old Dalit girl was killed and a youth injured when two groups fired at each other over a land dispute in Budha Saifi village in Bharthana area,police said Thursday. Alka died on the spot while Indresh,of the other group was injured and rushed to a local hospital. Police said his condition is stable.
Teenager gangraped in Sadarpur
SITAPUR: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three people in Sadarpur area here,police said Thursday. The girl who was missing since Monday night was found in the fields next evening with her hands and legs tied,police said.
Three feared drowned as boat capsizes
DEORIA: Three people are feared drowned after a boat capsized in Ghagra river in the district,police said Thursday. The boat ferrying eight people capsized near Kevthalia village last night,SP Umesh Kumar Srivastava said.