KANPUR: Facing penury,a 50-year-old mason allegedly committed suicide by jumping in a river in Bithur district,police said Thursday. Suhagi Lal,father of six,went to a bridge on the Pandu River and jumped. Passersby informed the police and started searching for the body,but due to heavy flow of the river could not trace the body.
Court gives life to seven for murder
KANPUR: A local court sentenced seven to life imprisonment for murdering a youth eight years ago. According to government prosecutor,Rajendra Prasad,Additional district judge sentenced the seven on the basis of statements by two eye witnesses. Two of the accused are juvenile and are being tried by the juvenile court. Ashish Tripathi,brother of a student leader,was killed on June 30,2005.
Man acquitted in honour killing case
MUZAFFARNAGAR: Citing lack of evidence, a local court Thursday acquitted a man accused of killing his sister at Kidwai Nagar,in a suspected case of honour killing. Additional district sessions judge,Ghanshyam Pathak acquitted Majid of killing his 21-year-old sister,saying that the prosecution had failed to prove charges against him. According to prosecution,Khushnuma was shot by her brother in her sleep on August 22 last year. The victims father Sharif Ahmed had lodged an FIR against his son.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
IAF jawan gets life for murdering wife
MUZAFFARNAGAR: A local court sentenced an Indian Air Force jawan to life imprisonment for murdering his wife,after she failed to bear a male child in their 17-year-long wedded life. The court also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh on the accused Ram Kishan Sharma and held him guilty under Section 302 of the IPC. According to prosecution,Rajni was strangulated by Ram at Basod village in Baghpat district in 2007.
Minor girl killed,one injured in firing
ETAWAH: A 17-year-old Dalit girl was killed and a youth injured when two groups fired at each other over a land dispute in Budha Saifi village in Bharthana area,police said Thursday. Alka died on the spot while Indresh,of the other group was injured and rushed to a local hospital. Police said his condition is stable.
Teenager gangraped in Sadarpur
SITAPUR: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three people in Sadarpur area here,police said Thursday. The girl who was missing since Monday night was found in the fields next evening with her hands and legs tied,police said.
Three feared drowned as boat capsizes
DEORIA: Three people are feared drowned after a boat capsized in Ghagra river in the district,police said Thursday. The boat ferrying eight people capsized near Kevthalia village last night,SP Umesh Kumar Srivastava said.