Four days after the body of a 16-year-old girl was recovered from Kairana area of Shamli district on Saturday, the police recovered the body of her 13-year-old younger sister from the thickets in Kurbana village on Wednesday.
Both sisters were allegedly kidnapped on July 24.
Enmity between two families who are relatives has emerged as the motive behind the murders of the two sisters. The body of the 13-year-old was found around six km away from the spot where the body of the elder sister, who was allegedly raped before being strangulated to death, was recovered.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The police said there are injury marks on the victim’s neck, indicating she was strangulated to death.
They said prima facie it does not appear that the victim was raped but the autopsy report is awaited to get a confirmed opinion.
Angry locals staged protests and blocked the road demanding the arrest of the accused.
The situation came under control after senior police and administrative officials reached the place and assured of action. Heavy police force, including three companies of PAC, police teams from five police stations and several senior officials have been deployed in Kairana area to avoid any untoward incident.
Four persons identified as Agnan, Shakeel, Irfan and a relative of Agnan have been arrested. While Agnan was arrested Sunday after the elder sister’s body was recovered, others were caught on Wednesday.
Additional SP, Shamli, V K Mishra said, Shakeel and Irfan have been arrested for giving shelter to accused who have been identified. He added a hunt is on to trace the missing accused.
Mishra added the same accused are involved in both the murders.
The victim’s father had named 12 persons, all his neighbours and relatives, in an FIR registered at Kairana police station on July 27. In his complaint, he had accused his neighbours Agnan and others for kidnapping of his two daughters from their maternal uncle’s house — around one kilometre away 1 on July 24 night while all the family members were asleep.
On Saturday, the police recovered the elder sister’s body from Kairana town.
Her autopsy report stated she was strangulated to death and her hymen ruptured. Following the autopsy report, the police included rape charges in the case.
Station House Officer, Kairana police station, Ajay Kumar Chauhan said the murders of the sisters is likely to linked with the alleged kidnapping of a 17-year-old girl of the same locality. The girl is missing since June.
The father of the two girls, who have been found murdered, is among the five accused named in the kidnapping case.
A case of rape was also included with charges of kidnapping and two close relatives of the sister duo had been arrested for the alleged kidnapping and rape.
Another relative of the two girls was also arrested after another girl went missing in June. All these three accused are lodged in jail at present.
Circle Officer, Kairana area, Ghanshyam Singh said four of the accused arrested for the murders of two sisters include father of that girl also who was allegedly kidnapped in June and is yet to be traced.