The body of a 16-year-old girl, who went missing along with her younger sister on July 24, was recovered from Kairana area of Shamli, around three kilometres from her residence, police said Sunday.
Additional SP, Shamli, V K Mishra said, the girl’s body was recovered Saturday. An autopsy was conducted. The report states she was strangulated to death and her hymen was found ruptured. Mishra said, following the autopsy report, the police have included rape charges in the case.
The victim’s father had named 12 people, all his neighbours and relatives, in an FIR registered at Kairana police station on July 27. In his complaint, he had accused his neighbours of kidnapping the two girls from their maternal uncle’s house on July 24 night while all the family members were sleeping.
The police Sunday arrested one person, identified as Adnan, the brother of Faizana who is one of the 12 named accused in the police complaint. Police teams have been formed to trace the victim’s missing sister, who is around 14-years-old.
The Additional SP said that a sub-inspector attached with Kairana police station, C P Kateria, has been suspended for negligence.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
According to the police, the girls’ father had filed a complaint on July 27 at Kairana police station stating that his two daughters, who had gone to their maternal uncle’s house —- around one kilometre away from his residence —- were kidnapped in the night of July 24. The case was registered three days after the incident only after intervention of senior police officials.
On Saturday morning, locals in Kairana town spotted the body of an unidentified girl. Hearing about the recovery of a body, the girl’s relatives, including her uncle, also visited the spot and identified it.
On being informed, the police too reached the spot, but when it tried to seize the body, Locals forcibly took it away and started protesting after blocking the road.
They held police responsible for the death. They claimed that police did not made enough efforts to trace the missing girls.
The crowd also pelted stones on police party and broke the windscreens of several vehicles passing through the area. Two policemen, including Station House Officer of Kairana police station, suffered injuries on head.
Later, senior police and administration officials rushed to the spot and ensured locals of strict against against the policemen for negligence. Soon after, sub-inspector C P Kathoria was suspended for negligence in the case.
The Shamli police, meanwhile, are also trying to find whether recovery of the girl’s dead body Saturday had any link with another minor girl of same locality missing since over last two months.
As per the police, an FIR naming five persons, including father of the girl whose body was found Saturday, was registered in the earlier case. No one has been arrested in the case so far. The police is yet to recover the missing girl.
Additional SP Mishra said, they are probing the case in that direction also.