UP BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai Saturday announced to launch a stir against the Moradabad SSP Dharamvir Singh from July 15 for “humiliating” party workers.
Bajpai alleged that BJP workers were taken in police custody and beaten with slippers for trying to hold a mahapanchayat on July 4 against removal of a loudspeaker from a temple at Akbarpur Chanderi village in Kaanth .
There were clashes between BJP workers and the police on the day at Kaanth railway station in which more than 20 people, including the Moradabad DM, were injured.
The next day, the SSP had said the BJP had brought people from neighbouring districts to fan communal tension in Kaanth
Bajpai, who was in Kaanth Saturday, said the SSP had acted as a “loyal SP worker” while dealing with BJP workers.
“Those named in FIRs for rioting at Kaanth railway station were arrested an hour before the incident. The DGP and Moradabad Range DIG were aware of this,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Bajpai also said the issue was resolved after a settlement between the Moradabad DM and the agitators but the SSP had disagreed.
He claimed they will avenge the harassment of party workers within the purview of the Constitution and added the SP government should avoid the policy of Muslim appeasement.
Earlier in the day, a delegation of BJP leaders led by Bajpai met the Moradabad DM to demand restoration of the loudspeaker at the temple.
Bajpai said an agitation would be launched outside the office of Moradabad divisional commissioner if the issue was not resolved. Local BJP MPs, MLAs and state office-bearers will take part in the agitation, he added.