In the run-up to the 2014 Lok Sabha elections,Varun Gandhi will be Bharatiya Janata Partys answer to Rahul Gandhi,the youth face of Congress,and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav,who is the youth face of the ruling Samajwadi Party in the state.
After elevating Varun as national general secretary,the BJP is projecting the Pilibhit MP as partys youth face. Indicating of further rise in the stature of Varun in BJP organisation as well as national politics,national party president Rajnath Singh has given him the responsibility to engage youths with BJP across the country.
At the partys Bareilly rally on Wednesday,Singh said: Now we cannot run much. So I am giving the responsibility of carrying forward the organsiation to youths. I expect Varun will move across the country and associate youths with the party. He also said that youths like Varun very much.
Singh said that when he became the partys national president the first time several years ago,he wanted to give Varun a responsibility but then he was very young.
The stature of Varun in the party is increasing with Singh at the helm. Varun was national secretary in the team of former president Nitin Gadkari and Singh elevated him as general secretary in his new team. Also,to contest the next Lok Sabha election,Varun has himself chosen Sultanpur seat,which is close to his aunt Sonia Gandhis Rae Bareli and cousin Rahuls Amethi constituencies.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The swabhiman rally organised in Bareilly was addressed by both Singh and Varun. The partys next rally is going to be held in Sultanpur on May 16,where Varun will address the gathering along with Gadkari. Sources said that Varun is going to address around half-a-dozen such rallies in different districts of UP soon.
Varun will lead a dharna in Lucknow on May 4 to protest against the Congress-led UPA government on the issue of corruption. After the dharna,he will take part in the meeting of the partys UP core committee,which will discuss possible candidates for the Lok Sabha elections. Party sources said Singh has asked Varun to attend all party meetings related to UP.