In the run-up to the 2014 Lok Sabha elections,Varun Gandhi will be Bharatiya Janata Partys answer to Rahul Gandhi,the youth face of Congress,and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav,who is the youth face of the ruling Samajwadi Party in the state.
After elevating Varun as national general secretary,the BJP is projecting the Pilibhit MP as partys youth face. Indicating of further rise in the stature of Varun in BJP organisation as well as national politics,national party president Rajnath Singh has given him the responsibility to engage youths with BJP across the country.
At the partys Bareilly rally on Wednesday,Singh said: Now we cannot run much. So I am giving the responsibility of carrying forward the organsiation to youths. I expect Varun will move across the country and associate youths with the party. He also said that youths like Varun very much.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Singh said that when he became the partys national president the first time several years ago,he wanted to give Varun a responsibility but then he was very young.
The stature of Varun in the party is increasing with Singh at the helm. Varun was national secretary in the team of former president Nitin Gadkari and Singh elevated him as general secretary in his new team. Also,to contest the next Lok Sabha election,Varun has himself chosen Sultanpur seat,which is close to his aunt Sonia Gandhis Rae Bareli and cousin Rahuls Amethi constituencies.
The swabhiman rally organised in Bareilly was addressed by both Singh and Varun. The partys next rally is going to be held in Sultanpur on May 16,where Varun will address the gathering along with Gadkari. Sources said that Varun is going to address around half-a-dozen such rallies in different districts of UP soon.
Varun will lead a dharna in Lucknow on May 4 to protest against the Congress-led UPA government on the issue of corruption. After the dharna,he will take part in the meeting of the partys UP core committee,which will discuss possible candidates for the Lok Sabha elections. Party sources said Singh has asked Varun to attend all party meetings related to UP.