With only a week left for the first notification of candidates list for Lok Sabha polls for 10 western UP seats, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is likely to declare its first list Saturday.
The party has called a meeting in this regard in New Delhi Saturday, and sources said the first list could include candidates for some of the 10 seats of western UP for which the notification is scheduled for March 15.
These include Saharanpur, Kairana, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnor, Meerut, Baghpat, Ghaziabad, Gautam Budha Nagar, Bulandshahr, (reserved) and Aligarh.
Among these, the party currently has only two MPs, from Meerut and Ghaziabad. Party national president Rajnath Singh is Lok Sabha member from Ghaziabad whereas Rajendra Agarwal is MP from Meerut.
Party state president Laxmikant Bajpai confirmed that a list of some seats of western UP could be declared on Saturday.
While Bajpai denied to reveal the name of the seats, sources said he held a day long meeting with some senior leaders of the state in preparing the panel of names for each of these seats.
Sources said the first list of the BJP could have some surprising names as there are speculations that Rajnath could shift from Ghaziabad to Lucknow, in that case the party will have to replace him with a new face.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Sources said former minister Baleshwar Tyagi, ex-IRS officer Pradeep Tyagi and another leader Atul Garg are in the fray for a ticket from Ghaziabad.
Sources also said Sardhana MLA Sangeet Singh Som could be given ticket from Muzaffarnagar where another senior leader Sanjeev Baliyan is also in race for ticket.
Som was named in the Muzaffarnagar riots case, after which the BJP is expecting an increase in its vote share in entire western UP.
Sources added local MLA Mahesh Sharma was in race for Gautam Budhha Nagar, Bhola Singh — who is close to party national vice-president Kalyan Singh — is looking for Bulandshahr, former Mumbai police commissioner Satyapal Singh may be fielded from Baghpat whereas two MLAs Raghav Lakhan Pal and Suresh Rana are in race from Saharanpur.
Sitting MP Rajendra Agarwal may be repeated in Meerut. MLA Bhartendra Singh and state vice-president Ashok Kataria are also among the probables from Bijnor.
Source said the party delayed the declaration of candidates following eight rallies of Narendra Modi held in UP, and added that the next list is expected March 13.