The human rights cell of UP BJP Tuesday felicitated its MLAs Sangeet Singh Som,Suresh Rana,Kunwar Bhartendra Singh and 34 other party workers who were arrested in connection with cases related to Muzaffarnagar riots.
These MLAs and workers were also given appreciation letters”,to recognise their struggle against the state government during riots and the sacrifice they made and got arrested for the cause of safety of mata,behen and betian (mother,sister and daughter) as well as Indian culture. The felicitation was done at a function in Muzaffarnagar.
Party leader in UP Legislative Assembly Hukum Singh,who was named in a case for delivering provocative speech,was the chief guest at the programme.
National convener of BJP’s Human Rights Cell Sudhir Agarwal was present at the event.
The MLAs were felicitated two days before the Narendra Modis Agra rally where party state unit has already announced to honour Som and Rana.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai said,These MLAs deserve felicitation for the work they have done for the society.
BJPs Muzaffarnagar city president Mohan Tayal said: All those felicitated were arrested in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots. While most of them are out on bail,we felicitated family members of a few others who are lodged in jail. All of them are BJP workers.
Tayal also said that cases against these leaders and workers are registered in various police stations of Muzaffarnagar,Shamli and Saharanpur districts in connection with the riots.
Talking to The Indian Express,Hukum Singh said,The objective of the event was to mobilise the workers before the Lok Sabha elections. Those who were detained for at least two-hour in police custody were also felicitated.
Som and Rana were arrested in September for allegedly inciting communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and both are currently out on bail. Som was also booked for allegedly sharing a provocative video on a social networking site.
Later,the state government had invoked National Security Act (NSA) against the duo. However,it was revoked by the NSA advisory board on November 7. Kunwar Bhartendra Singh had surrendered before the police.
Rajnath: No idea about felicitations of MLAs
As the BJP national president Rajnath Singh Tuesday denied having any information about the UP BJP’s plan to felicitate two MLAs Sangeet Singh Som and Suresh Rana in Agra rally,party’s state president Laxmikant Bajpai said it was not mandatory for the state unit to inform the party’s central office about every programme.
“Agra rally is of UP and both the MLAs also belong to UP. They will be felicitated at the Agra rally on Thursday,” Bajpai said. Bajpai added he has informed the national president Tuesday about the plan of felicitating the two MLAs and another party leader Sanjeev Baliyan. Bajpai said Baliyan was arrested thrice in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots.