BJP leaders in Varanasi have been assigned to commence the campaign in the absence of Narendra Modi from April 12 as the prime ministerial candidate is busy holding election rallies across the country.
Party MLA from Varanasi South Shyamdev Roy Chaudhary along with 1,000 workers will start a door-to-door contact programme in his Assembly constituency from April 12 where they will visit marketplaces and shopkeepers.
The next day, Ashok Dhawan, in-charge of Varanasi Lok Sabha said, party MLA from Varanasi cantonment Jyotsana Srivastava will continue the campaign in her constituency, while on April 14, Mahila Morcha of the party will visit residential areas and appeal to housewives to vote for Modi. The youth wing of the party will continue the mass contact programme on April 15 and 16.
Party spokesperson for Kashi region, Rakesh Trivedi, said party workers will wear Modi masks, T-shirts and caps and will carry his cut-outs. He also said that minority wing of the party will start visits in Muslim dominated areas seeking votes for the party.
The BJP is setting up teams of workers to visit various Varanasi ghats every morning and evening to appeal to visitors.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
For coverage in media, senior party leaders including national spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad and national media in-charge Srikant Sharma will hold a workshop for district presidents and media in-charge of all 14 districts of Kashi region on Friday in Varanasi city.
Nomination process in Varanasi will begin from April 17. Party leaders said Modi is likely to pay his first visit to Varanasi around April 20. The seat goes to polls on May 12.