BJP leaders in Varanasi have been assigned to commence the campaign in the absence of Narendra Modi from April 12 as the prime ministerial candidate is busy holding election rallies across the country.
Party MLA from Varanasi South Shyamdev Roy Chaudhary along with 1,000 workers will start a door-to-door contact programme in his Assembly constituency from April 12 where they will visit marketplaces and shopkeepers.
The next day, Ashok Dhawan, in-charge of Varanasi Lok Sabha said, party MLA from Varanasi cantonment Jyotsana Srivastava will continue the campaign in her constituency, while on April 14, Mahila Morcha of the party will visit residential areas and appeal to housewives to vote for Modi. The youth wing of the party will continue the mass contact programme on April 15 and 16.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Party spokesperson for Kashi region, Rakesh Trivedi, said party workers will wear Modi masks, T-shirts and caps and will carry his cut-outs. He also said that minority wing of the party will start visits in Muslim dominated areas seeking votes for the party.
The BJP is setting up teams of workers to visit various Varanasi ghats every morning and evening to appeal to visitors.
For coverage in media, senior party leaders including national spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad and national media in-charge Srikant Sharma will hold a workshop for district presidents and media in-charge of all 14 districts of Kashi region on Friday in Varanasi city.
Nomination process in Varanasi will begin from April 17. Party leaders said Modi is likely to pay his first visit to Varanasi around April 20. The seat goes to polls on May 12.